Roadside Dinosaurs - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The are literally thousands of roadside dinosaurs in the world. The best website, if you love strange roadside attraction in general, is agilitynut.com. These dinosaurs are just a few of the strange dinosaurs located off major highways. Some good, and some terrible roadside dinosaurs across several states.
1) Outside of the town of Erlian in China on the Mongolian border, you can find this statue of two amorous sauropods kissing across the highway. It was built to showcase the region’s reputation as a fossil hotspot.
2) A very sorry looking dino located in the city of Victorville, California.
3) This 100-ton T.Rex was created in 1981 by sculptor Claude K. Bell to draw visitors to his Wheel Inn Cafe. At one time, a slide was built into the Tyrannosaurs’ tail, but it was later filled in with concrete. You can purchase souvenirs at a museum shop located inside Ms. Dinny, a 150-ton Apatosaurus considered the largest concrete dinosaur in the world, located in Cabazon, California.
4) Entrance to Kentucky’s Dinosaur World. One of the creepiest sites of all.
5) Cowboys and Dinosaurs (as well matched as cowboys and aliens) spotted in Natural Bridge, Virginia.
6) Rainbow Rock Shop in Holbrook, Arizona has a rather large display of very nice dinosaurs.
7) This is Wrinkles, a strange creature who greets visitors outside of the Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center in Jurupa, California.
8 & 9) Dinosaur World - an abandoned theme park of decaying dinosaurs in Beaver, Arkansas. All of the components necessary to be truly creepy.
sources 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6